My Words to Live By

What is success? To laugh often and much; To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; To appreciate beauty; To find the best in others; To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived; That is to have succeeded. - Ralph Waldo Emerson


Sun, Sand, and a book in my hand

Lately, I've allowed myself to get wrapped up in how far my life is from the life I'd imagined having. It's gotten me pretty down, to be honest. My mind and body had been feeling quite weary, so I took a vacation -- ten amazing days at beautiful Panama City Beach where much of my time was spent on a lounge chair listening to the waves.  

Relaxation, reflection, and rediscovery of myself was exactly what I needed! The waves washed away the negative feelings that had been plaguing my heart, especially the insecurity and hurt of rejection we single gals often face in the dating world. I don't have to feel lonely just because I don't have a husband and family of my own.

I needed a reality check!!! Life could be a lot different, but different is just different... not better. My married friends with kids love their lives, but I'm sure they could look longingly at my week on the beach without a worry in the world in the same way that I look at them playing with their kids. 

Different... NOT better.

My life is amazing just the way it is, and I choose to embrace all of it! 

Especially Pina Coladas for lunch and bikinis on the beach.

It's great to be me :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment