My Words to Live By

What is success? To laugh often and much; To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; To appreciate beauty; To find the best in others; To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived; That is to have succeeded. - Ralph Waldo Emerson


Aim High!!

Henry David Thoreau once said, "In the long run, men hit only what they aim at. Therefore, they had better aim at something high."

Too long, I have lived without real goals. Dreams, yes. Goals, not so much. I've been made to feel inferior, inadequate, unimportant; and I lost belief that I really "can do all things" that I set my mind to doing when God is part of my decision-making process. Until recently, I've settled for making the most out of what I had rather than striving for something more.

Forced to make changes and look at my life anew, I've been liberated to the realization that I can achieve great things... but only if I try. With that realization, I'm no longer satisfied with life as it is. Content, yes. Satisfied, not so much. It is time for me to set some big goals and begin working in the direction God is leading me.

Whatever goals you are aiming for today, here is a word of encouragement from Ephesians 3:16-21,

I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

Here's to aiming high today!! Big goals, big dreams, big plans! Nothing is too big for our God!

No comments:

Post a Comment