My Words to Live By

What is success? To laugh often and much; To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; To appreciate beauty; To find the best in others; To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived; That is to have succeeded. - Ralph Waldo Emerson


Tired of Being Tolerant

When it comes to standing up for biblical principles, the founder of Chick-fil-A has recently shown that he isn't chicken (pun intended). As a result, media representatives are speculating that his boldness in support of the biblical concept of family may hurt his business.

Well, Chick-fil-A may lose some business over this, but they've earned mine! I purposely went out of my way to visit a Chick-fil-A after I read the news stories because I want to support people who take a stand for Christ. Too many of us are afraid of what will happen, what people will say if we stand up for Jesus, and we're too chicken to take the risk. I applaud this man for his bold support of upholding the Christian family values taught in the Bible.

I read that the mayor of Boston is trying to ban the Chick-fil-A franchise from his city because he says the company is being "intolerant." Well, you know what?? Maybe it's time we as Christians started being less tolerant of the world! The world sure isn't tolerant of us!

Society has banned prayer from schools and bashed the Ten Commandments. We've been called "backward thinkers" and criticized because we believe that unborn children are God's creations and that homosexuality is a sin.

At this rate, how long before we are forced to worship in secrecy, to hide our Bibles for fear of them being taken away, to skip the blessing when we go out to eat for fear of being tormented when we bow our heads? How long???

I love all people and don't judge others for their choices. A sin is a sin, and Lord knows I've had more than my share!! But my Christian love for people does not mean I condone or support their actions. My beliefs are firm, and I will stand up for them.

I do not understand why Christians are expected to be tolerant of everyone else when today's society is not tolerant of us. If we say we believe something is wrong, we're accused of hatred. If we're offended by something society does, it's our own fault for believing what we do. Society deems us radicals and belittles our beliefs in the media. However, when society says Christians are wrong or complains that our beliefs are offensive to non-Christians, what do we do?

We sit back and take it.

I'm tired of taking this sitting down. I'm tired of being labeled as the offensive one because I believe in Christ and the teachings of the Bible.

And I'm tired of Christians being chicken to speak up for our God.
Are you??

We have the freedom to worship and to share our beliefs, but the next generation of believers won't have those freedoms if we keep up this same attitude. It's time to stop being tolerant and to start taking a stand for Jesus Christ. Don't be chicken!

No comments:

Post a Comment