My Words to Live By

What is success? To laugh often and much; To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; To appreciate beauty; To find the best in others; To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived; That is to have succeeded. - Ralph Waldo Emerson


No Pain, No Gain!

Whew! I'm exhausted!

It's been a very trying past three weeks for me while I've been studying for my state insurance exams in preparation for my new job, but I'm almost finished! Just a comprehensive test and the state exam left to conquer before I start this new career. One thing is certain, life is about to drastically change at my house!

My carpal tunnel has really been causing me a lot of pain since I've been spending hours every day clicking away on online exams, scrolling through study materials, and handwriting notes, so please say a prayer for me. This pain runs throughout both hands, fingers, and wrists (even up to my elbow at times), and it is causing a real issue because I'm not able to type much, which is hurting the progress of my novel (you'd think that two hand surgeries would have done the trick, but, oh well).

But you know what I realized today while I was rubbing my wrists and wishing the pain would go away? I believe this pain is Satan's way of trying to hold me back, trying to stop me from accomplishing my goal, to stop me from reaching my deadline. Well, Devil, I'm going to burst your bubble! I will not let you stop me from doing what God's called me to do.

Whatever Satan is trying to stop you from accomplishing or however he wants to hold you back in life, don't let him!! With God's help, you can defeat the devil and whatever he throws in your path. He may be a pain in the neck (or- in my case- the hand), but he has no authority over you because you are a child of the almighty, all-powerful God!

No comments:

Post a Comment