My Words to Live By

What is success? To laugh often and much; To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; To appreciate beauty; To find the best in others; To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived; That is to have succeeded. - Ralph Waldo Emerson


Wait, Hope, Expect!

In my personal Bible study when a verse really speaks to me, I like to read it in many translations to deepen my understanding and my grasp on the message. Today, I want to share with you many translations of a verse I love so much - Psalm 27:14. The translations are all similar, but I want you to take note of the different word choices in each one. 


PSALM 27:14

Wait for the Lord.
Be strong and take heart
and wait for the Lord. 
NIV


Wait on the Lord;
Be of good courage,
And He shall strengthen your heart;
Wait, I say, on the Lord!

NKJV


Wait patiently for the Lord.

    Be brave and courageous.
    Yes, wait patiently for the Lord. 
NLT


Wait on the Lord
be of good courage
and he shall strengthen thine heart: 
wait, I say, on the Lord. 
KJV


Wait for the Lord;

    be strong, and let your heart take courage;
    wait for the Lord
ESV


Don’t be impatient. 
Wait for the Lord, and he will come and save you
Be brave, stouthearted, and courageous. 
Yes, wait and he will help you
TLB

Wait and hope for and expect the Lord; 
be brave and of good courage 
and let your heart be stout and enduring
Yes, wait for and hope for and expect the Lord. 
AMP


My life is in a stage of waiting, and I'm often reminded of the song "While I'm Waiting" from the movie Fireproofhttp://youtu.be/i6X71sXagUY. Like the song says, I'm not going to let life pass me by while I wait for the next phase. I will BOLDLY and CONFIDENTLY take every step in obedience and faith, serving and worshiping with peace that His plan for my future is far greater than anything I can imagine on my own. Waiting is not easy, but the rewards are great. 

No comments:

Post a Comment