My Words to Live By

What is success? To laugh often and much; To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; To appreciate beauty; To find the best in others; To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived; That is to have succeeded. - Ralph Waldo Emerson


Doing the Happy Dance!!!

I'm done! I'm done! I'm really really done!!!!!

Whoo-hoo! Hip hip hooray!!! My novel is complete and ready for publication. This is a day I've been working toward my whole life but thought would never happen because I didn't believe in myself enough to go for it in the past. I thank God for putting people in my life who do believe in me and who have pushed me to see this through.

In high school, becoming a writer is all I really wanted to do (other than play in the WNBA, of course), and to have this dream come to fruition a decade later overwhelms me. To be able to walk into my ten-year class reunion as a published novelist... it's more than I thought I'd ever accomplish.

Thank you for your prayers over the last year, and especially the last few months as I've been finishing up my manuscript. My excitement is beyond what my words can express (which is kind of bad since I'm a writer). One of the most exciting aspects of being finished is that I can get back to blogging!! I have stored up so many things I want to put onto paper while I've forced tunnel-vision on myself in order to meet my deadline, and I look forward to sharing all of those thoughts with you here.

2013 is going to be the best year of my life!! I can feel it in my bones!! :-)

Thank you, Lord, for your blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment