My Words to Live By

What is success? To laugh often and much; To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; To appreciate beauty; To find the best in others; To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived; That is to have succeeded. - Ralph Waldo Emerson


Twas the day before Bible School...

Twas the day before Bible School and all through the church yard
The volunteers were stirring and working so very hard.
The banners were hung in the foyer with care
because tomorrow the children all will be there.

After studying the evidence and making last minute notes
I packed some Skittles in the kids Agency D3 totes.
When we finished the vault, I tugged on my cap
and thought, "My goodness! I need a power nap!"

When from the kitchen arose such a clatter,
I left my classroom to see what was the matter.
Everyone was celebrating in the fellowship hall
because the posters were finally up on every wall!

The craft leaders packed up the tape and glue guns
while we put away the leftover breakfast and honey buns.
Everyone went home to rest for tomorrow.
The fun begins soon, and there's no time to borrow!

Discover. Decide. Defend. That's our motto this year!
We will study how Jesus is always near.
Examining the evidence and proving God's real,
then finishing each night with a fellowship meal!!

I pray He uses VBS to show kids His light.
May we show them the difference between wrong and right,
Teaching the little ones to come unto Him
and lighting a spark that will never grow dim.

No comments:

Post a Comment