My Words to Live By

What is success? To laugh often and much; To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; To appreciate beauty; To find the best in others; To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived; That is to have succeeded. - Ralph Waldo Emerson


I'm tired... I mean, like Vacation Bible School kind of tired!

Whew! Vacation Bible School has come to a close, and not only do I feel exhausted, but I feel absolutely depleted. I poured everything I had into this week for those children and my team of VBS leaders, so today I am focusing on refilling my cup.

Giving of oneself is a great thing, and I encourage you to do it as often as possible. We are called to serve others for His glory, and I want to do that every day of my life. However, sometimes, you need to focus on you, which is what I'm doing today. Focusing on myself. Refilling my spirit. Reviving my tired body and mind.

In the war against Satan, there is little time to rest. In preparing my heart for speaking engagements now that my novel has been released, I've focused extensively on peace. One thing I've learned since I found that peace that surpasses all understanding is that you must work to keep it. Every day, you must choose peace. Every day, you must choose to have a heart of service. Every day, you must choose to work for Him.

This week, my joy has been in serving others. I'm exhausted physically, mentally, and often spiritually, but my heart just wants to serve more and more!! I find myself saying, "Now, Rhonda (yes, I talk to myself in third person), you know you can't do it all. Better to do a couple of things really well than to stretch yourself thin and not be able to give your projects the attention they need."

But when you sell out to Jesus, you realize that no amount of service will ever be enough, and you want to do more! Personally, I just want to make everyone feel this joy I have in my heart!!

No comments:

Post a Comment