My Words to Live By

What is success? To laugh often and much; To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; To appreciate beauty; To find the best in others; To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived; That is to have succeeded. - Ralph Waldo Emerson


Your Excuses Are Inadequate-- You Aren't


We all make excuses sometimes, but there's no point making excuses to God because He knows our thoughts!! He knows what we're really doing when we skip church on Sunday, He knows we chose to watch TV instead of study our Sunday School lesson, He knows when we avoid eye contact when He puts someone in our path for us to witness to. He knows everything! Excuses to God are just insults.

Yesterday, I told you how God has been dealing with me about doing what He wants in my life. Well, guess what our Sunday School lesson is titled this week????

MAKE NO EXCUSES

Do you think that's a coincidence? I sure don't.

The scripture is taken from Jeremiah 1. God told Jeremiah, "I formed thee... I knew thee... I sanctified thee... I ordained thee... Be not afraid... for I am with thee to deliver thee."

That's pretty awesome! Think about it for just a moment. God formed you physically in your mother's womb, but he also formed your personality. He created you to be unique, with special gifts and talents unlike those of anyone else, which brings me back to yesterday's blog: Are you using your gifts or are you making excuses?

The Sunday School writer Billie Friel challenges readers to "give up your excuses for not serving God and respond obediently to His call." He goes on to say that people "are reluctant to serve because they feel inadequate to undertake the tasks God calls them to perform."

Inadequate??? How can you possibly feel inadequate when you were formed, sanctified, and ordained by the creator of all the universe??

I understand.

Many times I have felt my actions in the past have left me inadequate, but it isn't true. When He forgives our sins, he casts them as far as the east is from the west and remembers them no more.

You are more than adequate.
You are equipped by God himself to serve in a role only you can fulfill,
So stop making excuses.
Stop feeling inadequate.
God doesn't make mistakes,
but He can make something wonderful come out of yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment