My Words to Live By

What is success? To laugh often and much; To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; To appreciate beauty; To find the best in others; To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived; That is to have succeeded. - Ralph Waldo Emerson


Sleep

I start my new job in the morning, and I would greatly appreciate your prayers over the next two weeks. With Aaron out of state with military training, I'm having trouble sleeping, which leads to headaches all throughout the day. Sleep deprivation + headaches + new job is a formula for stress, something I don't want to allow back in my life. So, please pray that I will get the rest I need during this time of change not only to handle what the days bring, but to make the impact God wants me to make, also.

Please pray for Aaron and his unit while they are away. I'm not sure what his sleeping conditions will be (likely a tent with no air conditioning), and he doesn't sleep well with noise, which always causes problems while he's away with the Guard because some of the men stay up talking or have music blaring all night. He and the other soldiers need their rest to get them through two weeks of training, so I pray his sleeping conditions will be inducive to rest.

It's amazing how sleep can affect our lives. With me, it affects my mood, my focus, my energy, my thoughts. We need our rest to perform our best for God throughout the day.

Psalm 4:8
In peace I will both lie down and sleep,
For You alone, O Lord, make me to dwell in safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment