My Words to Live By

What is success? To laugh often and much; To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; To appreciate beauty; To find the best in others; To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived; That is to have succeeded. - Ralph Waldo Emerson


Little Changes - Big Impact

With the stress of the last few weeks - selling our house, starting a new job, the purchase of a new house falling through, and other stuff I don't want to mention - with the stress of it all weighing on my shoulders, I'm feeling a bit run down.

Sleep seems to evade me, and that's without the chickens going berserk at 1:00 a.m. to the point that I get off the couch, put on my blue jeans in the dark, scramble around looking for a flashlight, and go outside to tip toe through the mud with a light in one hand and pistol in the other to sneak up on whatever critter was after them (I didn't see anything, thank goodness. Still don't know why they went nuts!!).

So I have found myself in a viscious cycle fueled by caffeine! I drink coffee all day at work to stay awake because I'm so tired, then I can't sleep at night (likely because of all the caffeine in my system). So, the next day I'm even more tired so I injest even more caffeine, and once again I can't sleep. And so the cycle goes.

Until last night. I went to bed at 6:00 p.m.!!! I woke briefly to answer the phone around 8:00, but went straight back to sleep, slept straight through my alarm at 5:30, and woke up just in time to scramble to work. But I slept!!!! YAY!!

So today I opted for green tea. Maybe that will help break this cycle.

It's amazing how changing one little thing about your daily routine will affect your moods and actions and, in turn, affect all aspects of your life!

What little thing could you change today that would improve your life?

Next, I'm changing my radio station to gospel music.
It's kind of difficult to be discouraged or frustrated when listening to
How Great Thou Art or I Can Only Imagine!

No comments:

Post a Comment