My Words to Live By

What is success? To laugh often and much; To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; To appreciate beauty; To find the best in others; To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived; That is to have succeeded. - Ralph Waldo Emerson


When Everything Falls Apart


The story of Job is one of the greatest testimonies in the Bible not because of how Job turned to God during times of blessings, but because of how Job stayed faithful even when he lost everything. His oxen, donkeys, sheep, camels, servants, SONS and DAUGHTERS were all taken from him. I get angry when I lose my keys!! Can you imagine losing everything the way Job did? Just suddenly. Bam. It's all gone. How would you handle it???

Job lost all that he had... except his faith. He didn't understand WHY these terrible things were happening to him, but he never doubted God's control over his situation. His response in verse 21 is astounding under the circumstances, "Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD." When his own body became tortured with boils and his wife and friends told him to "curse God and die," still Job held on to his faith.


"Praise His Name"
By Jeff and Sheri Easter

When you're up against the wall,
And your mountain seems so tall,
And you realize life's not always fair,
You can run away and hide, let the old man decide
Or you can change your circumstances with a prayer.

When everything falls apart, praise His name


When you have a broken heart, raise your hands and say,
"Lord you're all I need. Your everything to me." And He'll take the pain away.
When it seems you're all alone, praise His name
When you feel you can't go on,
raise your hands and say, "Greater is He that is within Me."
And you can praise the hurt away, if you'll just praise His name.

Oh you can overcome by the blood of the Lamb
and by the word of your testimony
You'll see the darkness go as your faith begins to grow
You're not alone so how can you be lonely?


Things have been a little rough for me lately, but I just keep reminding myself that God is always in control. No matter how bad things seem to be, He will never fail me. I'm learning to be content in all circumstances, and I'll let you in on a little secret - it feels great!! Even when things are falling apart around me, trusting 100% that God has me in the palm of his hand makes every day a good day. I am blessed beyond measure even on my worst days.

 





No comments:

Post a Comment