My Words to Live By

What is success? To laugh often and much; To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; To appreciate beauty; To find the best in others; To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived; That is to have succeeded. - Ralph Waldo Emerson


If It Fits...

I slammed the car door behind me and rushed across the parking lot, high heels "click, click, clicking" in a near run to the door. I swiped my badge and hurried to my desk hoping no one would notice my labored breathing. Late for work again. Second time this week. The problem isn't that I wake up late or waste time in the morning. It's my clothes!!! Nothing fits anymore! Don't let me mislead you - I am happy to have lost weight, although the way I lost it was miserable!! And shopping is going to be a blast... especially to my checkbook! But to try on skirt after skirt after pants after dress and nothing fit? It's very frustrating. And it makes me a little nervous. Being recently divorced, I'm getting back into the dating world and I'm starting to be a little scared about "shopping" the dating market. :) People aren't like clothes you can mend to your liking or donate to Salvation Army -- if only it were that simple!! But shopping should really be fun! Maybe I will find the perfect dress that fits just right...

No comments:

Post a Comment