My Words to Live By

What is success? To laugh often and much; To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; To appreciate beauty; To find the best in others; To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived; That is to have succeeded. - Ralph Waldo Emerson


It All Starts With God

"The purpose of your life is far greater than your own personal fulfillment, your peace of  mind, or even your happiness. It's far greater than your family, your career, or even your wildest dreams and ambitions."

That's very difficult for me. As children, we are asked what we want to be/do when we grow up. As teens, we have to start making decisions about where will will go to college and what we will study. As young adults, we go to college then start careers. Well, I got my degree, but then I decided to get married instead of using my degree, and my career plans were erased. I've spent the last months wondering what my dreams are, trying to figure out what I want to do now, where I want to go from here.

I decided to start this study because three times in the past week (and several times over the last few months)I have been approached with the issue that I will never be successful until I focus my energy on one thing. Well, I haven't been able to figure out what that one thing should be. Then, yesterday, I received the job offer for which I've been hoping! While I am very excited, I want to make sure that I am approaching this job- this life and career opportunity- with the right mentality, one focused on God's purpose for placing me in this job and what I bring to the table instead of what this job does for me.

1 comment:

  1. Amen! Im super happy for you! Remember to focus on His Kingdom first and everything else will be added unto you!

    ReplyDelete