My Words to Live By

What is success? To laugh often and much; To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; To appreciate beauty; To find the best in others; To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived; That is to have succeeded. - Ralph Waldo Emerson


It May Not Be the Way I Would've Chosen

"The pathway is broken and the signs are unclear. I don't know the reason why you brought me here, but just because you love me the way that you do, I'm gonna walk through the valley if you want me to. Because I'm not who I was when I took my first steps, and I'm clinging to the promise you're not through with me yet. So if all of these trials bring me closer to you, then I will go through the fire if you want me to. It may not be the way I would've chosen when you lead me through a world that's not my home, but you never said it would be easy. You only said I'd never go alone. So when the whole world turns against me and I'm all by myself and I can't hear you answer my cries for help, I'll remember the suffering your love put you through, and I will walk through that valley if you want me to." (lyrics of "If You Want Me To" recorded by Ginny Owens)

This is one of my favorite songs, and I just wanted to share it today.
What troubles have you confused at the moment? Maybe you're like me, looking for a sign but all the signs are unclear. As hard as I try to listen for His guidance, I feel like I'm just walking around blind. But that's okay. I know He will show us the answers to our questions if we just continue to follow by faith.

I will lead the blind by ways they have not known,
along unfamiliar paths I will guide them;
I will turn the darkness into light before them
and make the rough places smooth.
These are the things I will do;
I will not forsake them.
-Isaiah 42:16


No comments:

Post a Comment