My Words to Live By

What is success? To laugh often and much; To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; To appreciate beauty; To find the best in others; To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived; That is to have succeeded. - Ralph Waldo Emerson


Pruning Your Life: Part II

If you haven't read yesterday's devotional, scroll down and read it first because this one picks up where I left off yesterday.

With pruning in mind, we have to carefully decide what to cut and what to leave. What parts of your life are bearing no fruit and should be cut? This decision will be different for everyone. The key is that we each have 24 hours in a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Making the most of your time does NOT mean cramming as much as possible into each day; it means living each day as God wants you to live it. If your time is so stretched that you have to pencil in "Read the Bible" or "Time for God" on your planner just to make sure you can squeeze it in between all of your other activities, you need to do some pruning.

Joyce Meyer's program this morning shared the following verse, and she made an important point: You don't plan you life then pray it works. You should always PRAY then PLAN. Making the most of every day is only possible if you are allowing God to guide your time. Pray this morning for God to guide your time today. Then tomorrow, pray the same thing. The day after that, pray it again. Let God guide you one day at a time.

Ephesians 5:15-17 (NIV):
15 Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, 16 making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. 17 Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord’s will is.

1 comment:

  1. Rhonda thank you so much for sending this to me today! I so needed it! TODAY! I find that I am guilty of wasting time that I could be using to read my Bible and to study Gods word or to be witnessing to someone in need of His word and truth! I so enjoyed the music also! Today I will commit to Praying and asking God to show me how to more wisely use my time to serve Him!

    ReplyDelete