My Words to Live By

What is success? To laugh often and much; To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; To appreciate beauty; To find the best in others; To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived; That is to have succeeded. - Ralph Waldo Emerson


Thanks for Reading!!

When I wrote Wednesday's blog devotion, I had no idea that the first chapter of the devotional book I was about to start would be on the exact same subject using the same verses! How surprised I was to read the title "Surprisingly Satisfied: A resolution to be content." I chuckled to myself, I just made this resolution four days ago!

Sometimes I struggle with what God wants me to write on this blog. I want to make sure that I'm writing what He wants me to say when He wants me to say it. After reading the first chapter of this devotional book, I felt a sense of relief and encouragement!! I am - at least sometimes - writing the right thing!! I know it is no accident that God laid the message of finding contentment on my heart this week, and the devotional this morning is telling me that I need to dig a little deeper.

Over the next few days/weeks/months -- however long I feel led to write on the subject -- I will be exploring what it means to be truly content and how to find that God-given contentment. I hope you will join me on this journey for contentment because the result is a wonderful blessing! In just the four days since I resolved to be content, I feel different. I want you to feel what I feel, too!!

You know, I started this blog last summer when I started reading The Purpose Driven Life. I feel like I've found my purpose, and it's amazing!!! I have been so blessed thus far through writing this simple online devotional, and my prayer is that others are receiving blessings as well. I'd love to hear your feedback, your comments, your ENCOURAGEMENT!! To those of you who have reached out and expressed to me how you look forward to and enjoy reading what I write, I can't begin to tell you how special that is to me. Thank you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment