My Words to Live By

What is success? To laugh often and much; To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; To appreciate beauty; To find the best in others; To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived; That is to have succeeded. - Ralph Waldo Emerson


Just Say Jesus

Today, I am happy, and I want to share with you the reason why.

It is quite simple. His name is Jesus.

I was broken, and He put my pieces back together.
I was a mess, and He washed me clean.
I had gotten off course, and He lit my path and righted my steps.
I was crying, and He dried my tears.
I hung my head, and He bore my shame.
I couldn't take another step forward, and He carried me.
I am a sinner, and He died to save me.

It is quite simple, yet so hard to comprehend how the son of the Almighty God in Heaven has done all of this for little ol' me!!

But He did. And knowing that, how could I NOT be happy?!

So today, if you are broken like I was, you may bow your head to pray and not know what to say. That's how I was. I sat on my knees, hands folded so many times when no words could form in my mind to express what I was feeling.

If you feel like that today, please know that there is only one thing you need to say. Just say Jesus. You don't have to speak another word. He hears you, and He knows your heart.

If you haven't heard the song "Just Say Jesus" by 7eventh Time Down, you should really look it up.
"Whisper it now, or shout it out!
However it comes out, He hears your cry.
Out of no where He will come.
You've got to believe it!
He will rescue you,
just call out to the Way, the Truth, the Life!"

No comments:

Post a Comment