My Words to Live By

What is success? To laugh often and much; To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; To appreciate beauty; To find the best in others; To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived; That is to have succeeded. - Ralph Waldo Emerson


Preparing to be a Prayer Warrior

I was recently invited to join a Bible study group for single women, so I downloaded the book we would be studying: "Preparing to Be a Help Meet." I began reading it last night, and this is a Bible study that should be done with every young teenage woman when she begins dating! I wonder how different my life would be right now if I'd been really taught as a girl how to look for the right man and how to prepare myself to be the right woman for him.

But there is no use in my wasting time wondering what might have been. I just praise God that He forgives and helps us get back on His path when we wander in our own direction!!

While this book was definitely not written for someone at my stage in life, the introduction asked a couple simple questions that clocked me. Hard.

In the few seconds it took me to read these lines, my whole outlook on dating changed instantly. The questions that have been in my mind for so long simply disappeared. My confusion was erased and replaced with the knowledge of my responsibility toward my future husband.

"Is there a young man that you have met in passing that you thought would be a good husband?"

"Have you been praying for him by name?"

Then the writer of this Bible study said one thing that I will never forget:

"Maybe heaven waits on you."

That explains it, I thought to myself. There's a reason the weight on my heart hasn't lifted -- He's been waiting on me to pray for the right thing. To pray not just for me to find the right man, but to actually start praying for that man, that God will work in his heart and in his life. I've been praying all wrong.

Well, if heaven has been waiting on me, it can stop waiting! I got the message, loud and clear!! This prayer warrior is ready for war, so heaven need wait no more!

Is there something in your life that you've been waiting for? Well, maybe heaven is waiting on you to make the first move. Pray, and pray hard!! And don't just pray for yourself - pray for each person involved in or affected by the situation that is weighing on your heart.