My Words to Live By

What is success? To laugh often and much; To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; To appreciate beauty; To find the best in others; To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived; That is to have succeeded. - Ralph Waldo Emerson


The Snowball Effect

Have you ever looked at someone you consider successful and wondered, "How did he/she get there?"

I see authors who've sold millions of books and can sometimes feel overwhelmed with self-doubt, but those doubts are of the devil who wants me to feel overwhelmed and give up. Luckily, I know better.

Publishing my novel is an act of faith, and I'm not giving up on my calling no matter how hard it gets!!

I've always had faith tucked away for times in life when I needed it, like a warm blanket waiting for a cold day. However, learning to apply faith to my daily life has been much like the snowball effect about which I've been studying in my book marketing strategies. It starts out small and builds slowly.

And it won't build itself. I must be a driving force pushing it forward.

Have you been actively pushing your faith to build and grow stronger, or have you been content as I used to be with it simply tucked away for a cold day?

Faith isn't a blanket you pull out on a cozy night by the fireplace. It is a powerful weapon.

Use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment