My Words to Live By

What is success? To laugh often and much; To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; To appreciate beauty; To find the best in others; To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived; That is to have succeeded. - Ralph Waldo Emerson


Book Update!

I am making so much progress on my first book!!

I am actually working on three writing projects at one time: my blog (as you already know), a book of devotionals, and a Christian fiction novel. While at first I was concerned that three writing projects at once would be difficult, I've found that the varied subjects keep me from getting writer's block! If I'm stuck on one topic, I just work on another.

I plan to publish the book of devotions in the spring. It will be the first in a series titled This Is My Story! This Is My Song! This first book, Overcoming the Old Man, Discovering the New, is based on Ephesians 4:17-31 and focuses on the lyrics of several hymns, such as "Love Lifted Me" and "Redeemed, How I Love to Proclaim It." Thanks to my talented brother, there will also be a CD of these hymns to accompany the book!

Unfortunately, because of copyrights, I will not be posting any of this book on my blog. I do, however, plan to make it available as an eBook as soon as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment