My Words to Live By

What is success? To laugh often and much; To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; To appreciate beauty; To find the best in others; To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived; That is to have succeeded. - Ralph Waldo Emerson


The little things...

Opening the refrigerator to figure out what to have for lunch, I shifted the near-empty pizza box, peeked around the untouched yet almost outdated gallon of milk, and was surprised to find a treat hidden behind the ketchup. Two king-sized Kit-Kat bars stacked neatly on a plastic container full of leftover meatloaf.

I smiled. My thoughtful husband must have brought these home from work because he knows I've been having a rough week, endless hours staring at a computer screen and headaches - massive, unrelenting headaches - blocking me from reaching my word counts each day. But I'm almost there!!!!!

The blessing of a supportive, loving spouse is one I can't fully express. My novel wouldn't be anywhere near this close to being ready for publication were it not for my wonderful hubby! Not many husbands would say, "Sure, honey. Quit your job so you can focus on your book. I support you." That's a pretty amazing thing to hear, and my heart swells to know someone loves me and believes in me that deeply.

And he knows me so well... Kit-Kats are my favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment